Networker

[Networker] Networker 6.1 recover setup time slow

2002-11-04 11:43:39
Subject: [Networker] Networker 6.1 recover setup time slow
From: Ed Trumbull <trumbull AT UNX.SAS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:43:31 -0500
   Networker 6.1, Solaris server, any Unix client

   After I start a recover session, and have the list of files and
tapes that I will need for the recovery, and have requested that the
recover begin, it seems to take a very long time for the networker
server to actually start the recovery.  The only active processes seem
to be nsrindexd doing a READ for client_name command, which takes a
very long time.
   What is it doing?  Is there a way to speed it up?

--
Ed Trumbull <trumbull AT unx.sas DOT com> | Grown-ups never understand anything
for