Networker

Re: [Networker] How to stop a saveset during backup?

2002-09-27 06:40:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to stop a saveset during backup?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 06:29:49 -0400
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Robert Loh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I got a very huge client to backup with a lot of saveset defined, during the
> backup it just overshoot the backup windows, so I decided to stop same of
> the pending savesets of this group so that I can restart them again when the
> system is not heavily loaded. At least I got the indexes and bootstrap
> backup eventhough the group will fail.
> Backup server = IBM AIX 4.3.3
> Networker 6.1.1

If you have restart for that group set to a positive value, you'll need to
kill the saveset process until you exceed the value of the restart field.
A better way to do this is to put each of this client's savesets into a
separate client entry with its own group. That way, if you want to kill a
saveset, you just use nwadmin or nsradmin to stop the group for that
particular client entry.