Networker

Re: [Networker] renaming / removing clients

2002-09-25 16:30:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] renaming / removing clients
From: Riaan van Niekerk <riaanvn AT PUKNET.PUK.AC DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:06:36 +0200
I adapted the client renaming steps into an nsradmin cheat sheet. This way I
can prepare everything "on paper" and just copy and paste it in sections to a
command line (win32) or terminal session (*nix)

# show all client attributes, but note client ID in particular
nsradmin -i - <<EOF
show
print type:nsr client; name: oldname
EOF

# delete client
echo "delete type:nsr client;name:oldname" | nsradmin -i -

#shutdown; rename client index dir; startup.
#This is *nix-specific, but should be adaptable for win32
nsr_shutdown -q
(cd /nsr/index;mv oldname newname)
service networker start

#create client with same client id, old name is alias to new name
nsradmin -i - <<EOF
create type: NSR client; name: newname; save set:"All";
directive:NT standard directives;browse policy:Quarter; parallelism:1;
client id: fa25906a-00000004-3b7d0aff-3b7d1f35-00180000-8fa02032 ;
aliases: newname, oldname, newname.domain, oldname.domain;
priority: 900 ;
EOF

#shutdown, startup
nsr_shutdown -q
nsrexecd;nsrd

(Someone brave enough might even write a script to automate the whole thing and
take as parameters the old name and the new name)

greetings
Riaan