Networker

Re: [Networker] renaming / removing clients

2002-09-24 13:34:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] renaming / removing clients
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT CITY.LONDON.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:33:42 -0400
What we have done in the past is delete the current client from the list,
shutdown all networker daemons, rename the client index to the new name, start
all networker daemons, create the new client and enter the old name as an alias
to this new name.  This should now allow you to recover files from the old
client into the new client's tree structure.

This is working for us at present.
NetWorker 6.1.1
Win2K on a Compaq Proliant DL370G2
STK 9740 w / 4x9840a & 1x 9840b (fiber)