Networker

[Networker] order of backup

2002-09-23 17:22:25
Subject: [Networker] order of backup
From: Zaigui Wang <zaigui AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:22:22 -0700
Experts,

If we have a bunch of save sets in the backup pool,
how does networker determine which one to back up
first?

This is a relevant question because in our setup, the
largest data set has always been the one that lags
behind. Is there a way to make sure that the largest
data set always gets kicked off first? Number of
sessions does not matter any more once there is only
one save set left to be backed up.

Will spliting the largest save set into multiple save
sets work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Zaigui