Networker

Re: [Networker] saving sub-dirs to different pool

2002-09-20 17:39:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] saving sub-dirs to different pool
From: "Heller, Jason" <Jason.Heller AT HARLEY-DAVIDSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:39:01 -0500
I do/can accomplish what you are doing by having separate savesets.  You didn't
want that, but it would let you backup everything from one group, and use the
"saveset" attribute of the pool.

In Mr. Sinclair's example below, I'd recommend using the "NULL" directive over
the "SKIP" directive.  Using skip might make the skipped directory not show up
for a recover unless you picked a browse time in what might be a small window
between the two saves.  Null would avoid this by still skipping the data, but
logging in the index that the directory does still exist.

George - I like your idea, so that you can use "ALL"...can you run both groups
at the same(or near same) time without problems(other than performance)?  You
would potentially cause two backup sessions at the same time for the same
saveset.  Even though no data would conflict, I'm curious if this would cause
any other potential problems?  I'm assuming it wouldn't, but doesn't hurt to
ask around.

-Jason-