Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup causes server to reboot

2002-09-20 09:12:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup causes server to reboot
From: mark kilpatrick <toptiertech AT YAHOO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:11:58 +0100
Server involved are all Dell 2550'sIt has affected our file server the most but
also has affected database serversOS is NT4 with sp6aRAM of file server =
2gigRam of legato server =2gigThe file server has 4gig as the system drive and
has 1.42 freethe network is a gigabit network full duplex that's the main card
but it has a fault tolerant card which is on a 100mb full duplex which only
gets used if the other card goes down.  Mark    Stan Horwitz wrote:
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, mark kilpatrick wrote:

> Has anyone come across a problem where a server reboots itself during
> a backup? I had thought I had resolved this on one server by removing
> the Antivirus and OFM software. But this is occuring on three
> servers, two of which have no AV SW or OFM. They reboot themselves
> occassionally during the night, always when a backup is running. I
> presume there is a memory crash.

What's the hardware and software configuration involved? Which OS? How
much RAM on both your backup server and the clients? How much available
and used disk space on the clients? What kind of network?