Networker

Re: [Networker] License problems with upgrade Solaris 9, SBU 6.12,autochanger

2002-09-16 09:36:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] License problems with upgrade Solaris 9, SBU 6.12,autochanger
From: Carl Farnsworth <carl.farnsworth AT DIGIDYNE DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:36:55 -0400
On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:11:47 -0400, Joel Krajden <joelk AT CS.CONCORDIA DOT CA>
wrote:

>Anyone else having problems running SBU 6.12 network edition on Solaris 9
(64
>bit) licensing an autochanger.
>
>I upgraded from SBU 5.5.1 on Solaris 7 to 6.12 on Solaris 7. Everything was
>fine.
>
>I than upgraded to Solaris 9. Everything was fine execept I now hooked up
the
>library, added the
>autochanger and NDMP license. The autochanger license  fails to enable any
>slots on my Qualstar (8433) and does not enter an enabler code into the
>jukebox resource. The NDMP licence does not seem to work either. SUN SBU
has
>sent me a temporary Power Edition license and an unlimited slot autochanger
>license. The results were still negative.

Was the autochanger licensed and working okay under 5.5.1?  You mention
that the enabler code is not entered into the "jukebox resource": but is it
accepted under Registrations?  What does it show as a description?

I know that upgrading from 5.x to 6.x required new base enablers, but can't
remember if it requires all enablers to be re-issued - perhaps you need a
new enabler for the autochanger (although I assume the replacement ones
received from Sun should have been up to date) ??

How many slots does your jukebox report, and how many slots is the enabler
good for?  You can't "enable" fewer slots than are available in the jukebox.

HTH
Carl Farnsworth
DigiDyne Inc.