Networker

Re: [Networker] "nsrd: media info: Not enough space"

2002-08-30 02:51:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] "nsrd: media info: Not enough space"
From: Björn Lundström <bjorn.lundstrom AT PROACT DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:53:36 +0200
Hi,

This is a normal problem when you sharing a jukebox between server and
storage node.

What you need to do is to ensure that the server and storage nodes writes to
the tape
drives with the same block size.

This is done by editing the networker start/stop stript:

NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_MSG=Y
NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_9840=256
export NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_MSG NSR_DEV_BLOCK_SIZE_9840

(in this case the tape is STK 9840)

To try to restore the data you have on tape now, either try to restore the
data on the node on which it was saveed, or set the blocksize to a larger
value than you have of the mounted volume.

Then the tape is generally readable, but positioning by record is disabled.

Best Regards
Björn Lundström