Networker

[Networker] Posting questions for a friend on the SAP/Oracle BSM v2.1

2002-08-29 22:16:49
Subject: [Networker] Posting questions for a friend on the SAP/Oracle BSM v2.1
From: "Crossman, Paul" <pcrossma AT WILDFIRE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 22:09:53 -0400
Not sure if this is going to get posted twice...

I'm posting this for a friend that doesn't have access to the mailing list.
They're kind of in a bit of a bind, and would like to input from others that
use the SAP/Oracle module v2.1 for UNIX.

Here's what they'd like to know:

*************************
Is anyone using "Networker Module for SAP R/3 on Oracle" to backup SAP DB
server filesystems?
What method are you using to backup non-database files?
Do you perform full OS backups sequentially with offline database backups
(i.e., do you double-dip and get the database files twice)?
How often are you performing full OS filesystem backups?
How often are you performing full offline database backups?

Thanks much...I'll pass on any comments that get sent to the list.

Paul C.