Networker

[Networker] Building an Exchange 2000 scratch server

2002-08-29 10:10:20
Subject: [Networker] Building an Exchange 2000 scratch server
From: "McDougal, Philip H" <PMcDougal AT JENNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:13:02 -0500
Has anyone built an Exchange 2000 scratch server?  I am getting in arguments
with the network engineer over the process.  He doesn't want to make a new
forest to put the scratch box in so I can do a directed recover of the
Information Stores.

Does anyone have any ideas or alternatives to building a new forest on the
domain to put the exchange scratch server in?  I know Microsoft has a utility
that will convert peoples mailboxes to a pst file which I can have NT backup
copy to volume I'm already backing up, but I prefer to just recover to a
scratch box.  Thanks in advance for any info or leads.

Regards,

Philip McDougal II
Data Center x6275
1-312-222-9350 x7151