Networker

[Networker] NDMP backup of Netapp qtrees

2002-08-27 17:03:27
Subject: [Networker] NDMP backup of Netapp qtrees
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:02:01 +0300
We were doing some tests with NDMP backups of a Netapp file server. In those
tests we backed up a Netapp (CIFS) qtree.
Once we were sure the backup completed, we erased the directory containing the
qtree (through a network CIFS machine).
Then we did a destructive recover of the qtree.
The recover of the data successfully completed but the Netapp qtree definitions
have not been recovered.
The backup was created using the application data
"DIRECT=y,UPDATE=Y,HIST=Y,EXTRACTACL=T".

Did any one see this behavior? Did we do something wrong? Should the qtree
definitions be restored in a destructive recover?

Itzik

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or
the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **