Networker

[Networker] Better text based monitoring tools?

2002-08-26 23:55:37
Subject: [Networker] Better text based monitoring tools?
From: Goldman of Chaos <goldman AT VISI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:58:29 -0500
Hello,

After years of being away from Networker, I find myself back in a support
role for the tool.  (Sun equipment this time rather than Dec hardware!)
Has anyone written any better tools to extract the current state of
the system than nsrwatch?  Mostly I'm asking before I go and reinvent
someone's wheel.

Ideally I'd like to be able to see the entire contents of each of the
small sections of nsrwatch, along with the current 'work to do queue',
a little more information about what job is waiting on which tape and
the like.  I'll be happy to share what ever I do come up with.

Is there an archive of contributed tools anywhere?

Thanks!

Matt

--
  O      O            __ |     \|                             O       O

Gallium--Arsenide: The technology of the future, as it always will be.
        Dr. A. Goldman, Dr. R. Goldman and Dr. E Behringer