Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with depositing tapes

2002-08-22 19:49:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with depositing tapes
From: "Lewis, Terry {Info~Palo Alto}" <TERRY.LEWIS AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:52:01 -0700
Stan,

  In my experience with depositing tapes into a jukebox,
I've either 1) done the deposit at a time when no volumes
are mounted, or 2) specified particular slot numbers for
the deposit operations.  Whenever I've just run a deposit
operation with no slot numbers specified, the deposited
volumes wind up in the first open jukebox slots.  Whether
this is a function of NetWorker processing or jukebox
command execution, I don't know.  I just know to now
be wary of non-specific deposit commands.

Terry