Networker

[Networker] Backup Data Migration from NT4 to UNIX Legato NetWorker Server

2002-08-21 00:45:51
Subject: [Networker] Backup Data Migration from NT4 to UNIX Legato NetWorker Server
From: Alex <icsbackup AT TENGIZCHEVROIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:38:37 -0400
Hi All,

We are planning to move backup operations from NT4-based Legato NetWorker
Server to a UNIX based (Solaris 8, SunFire 880). We do wish to retain
historical backup data for some period of time. More over we need to be
able to restore data withour scanning all tapes on the new server :)
Is it enough to copy/ftp all res files and use mmrecov to recover index
info from the tape?
Please help with more detailed instructions or at least a link to resources
where I can find such info.