Networker

Re: [Networker] Jukebox Config w/ STK L180

2002-08-20 13:07:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Jukebox Config w/ STK L180
From: Rene Rojas <rene.rojas AT PINNACOL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:52:50 -0600
any chance I could see a copy of your script to insert and label the tapes into
the L180.  do you also have one to eject?

>>> Phil.Russell AT EULERGROUP DOT COM 08/14/02 03:07AM >>>
When we enter new tapes into our STK L180 we always label them into our main
backup pool. This is done by entering the tapes into the CAP and running a
script to insert and label them
.
We have three other pools, and all pools are marked to allow recycling to
and from other pools. This way, the largest pool has all the tapes
initially, but they are available to the other pools as and when required.
Works fine and does not use auto-media management.

We don't keep cleaning tapes in the library at all. After all, DLT8000's
hardly ever need cleaning. The operators open up the library once every
threee months and load the cleaning tapes into all 8 drives manually, run
them through and them take them out again. Auto cleaning can be more trouble
than it's worth with Networker and tape libraries.

Phil