Networker

Re: [Networker] LGTPA 30132

2002-08-20 12:33:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] LGTPA 30132
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:36:42 -0400
On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:34:15 -0400, Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
wrote:

>I'm not sure if this works for W2K, but a work around in Tru64 UNIX is:
>
>o Scavenge the media database (this fixes the media database, not sure
>how to do this in W2K)
>o Create a file called "noimmediate" in the debug directory (this
>prevents the problem for reoccurring)

This is indeed a valid workaround since the bug occurs when you mix
immediate and non-immediate saves on a volume. However turning off
immediate saves by creating the noimmediate file will impact on performance
in some environments, so applying the hotfix is a slightly better approach.

>"colin_mcfadyen AT carleton DOT ca" wrote:
>>
>> Problem is that I do not have a support contract at this time.  Budget
did
>> not allow for it this year.
>>
>> The binaries mentioned in the reply from Legato (nsrmmd, tapeexer,
>> scanner) are all available in the 6.0.3 update.
>>
>> Does anyone know if I can copy these 6.0.3 binaries into my 6.0.2
>> installation?
>>
>> I can't install 6.0.3 as there is a bug that comes up with some
>> installations (LGTpa36998).
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:24:54 -0400, Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT
>> COM>
>> wrote:

>> >Legato should supply it on request as part of the support call you have
>> >open with them. They sent it to me for the same problem, and it worked.
>> >Perhaps I was luckier with the engineer that dealt with my call, you
seem
>> >to have been landed with one who doesn't know as much. Here is the info
>> >that Legato sent me about the bug.
>> >
>> >---snip---
>> >Here are the information about the LGTpa30132:
>> >
>> >    Fact   NetWorker 6.0.2
>> >
>> >    Fact   Backup works fine
>> >
>> >    Symptom   Error: 'media emergency: Bad or missing record: save set
ID