Networker

Re: [Networker] ibm 7337 library on aix 4.3.3

2002-08-15 15:09:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] ibm 7337 library on aix 4.3.3
From: Jim McAlarney <JMcAlarney AT HUBER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:12:07 -0400
I've been away on vacation and just got caught up with my e-mail.

I hope by now you've figured out that the atape driver creates an smc0
device.  When it's available it has the robotics device open.  Use rmdev
-l smc0 to change it to defined and Legato will be able to use your
jukebox.  Any time cfgmgr runs (such as at bootup) it will make smc0
available.  I have a cron job that runs just before my backups are
supposed to run that makes sure Networker is started and that smc0 is
only defined.

SERKAN SAID:::
Hi,

I have an ibm 7337 library with single drive(dlt7000) on aix 4.3 rs6000
ibm
server.
Server: W2K SP2 Networker 6.0.2
Storage node: AIX 4.3.3 Networker 6.0.2
Networker Driver ver.: lus 6.1.1.4
The driver installation which is a part of the networker storage node
is
successfully and Atape.driver is also installed.
While configuring the library with jbconfig this error has occured:

         1) Install an Autodetected SCSI Jukebox.
         2) Install an Autodetected NDMP SCSI Jukebox.
         3) Install an SJI Jukebox.
         4) Install an STL Silo.

What kind of Jukebox are you installing? [1]
These are the SCSI Jukeboxes currently attached to your system:
  1)  <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]: Standard SCSI Jukebox,
Vendor
<IBM>, Product <7337>
Which one do you want to install? 1
Installing an 'Standard SCSI Jukebox' jukebox.
Name you would like to assign to the jukebox device? IBM7337
using 'rd=globalx:IBM7337' as jukebox device name
A brief description of the jukebox device? [[email protected]: Standard
SCSI
Jukebox]
Pathname of the control port for the jukebox device? [[email protected]]
using 'rd=globalx:[email protected]' as control port

Unable to access device "Standard SCSI Jukebox" on control port
"rd=globalx:[email protected]".

Have you already installed the "drivers" package on this machine?
(yes/no)
Please answer "Yes" or "No"
yes

There appears to be something incorrect about your driverinstallation.
Please consult your driver
documentationto help you troubleshoot your installation.

Would you like to configure another jukebox? (yes/no) n

What is the differences of library installation on the ibm systems?

Thanks.

Serkan.

---
Jim McAlarney                                         Huber Engineered
Materials
phone:  404-949-5505                              4401 Northside
Parkway
fax:       404-949-1305                              Suite 600
jmcalarney AT huber DOT com                            Atlanta, GA  30327