Networker

Re: [Networker] max parallelism for jukeboxes?

2002-08-14 08:27:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] max parallelism for jukeboxes?
From: Scott Howard <scott AT DOC.NET DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:29:34 +1000
On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 05:39:18AM -0400, Davina Treiber wrote:
> I doubt it very much since I have seen a very similar bug where NetWorker
> attempts to use disabled drives for backups. I have seen this recently at
> 6.1.1 and 6.1.2.

I've seen this one myself a few times, but at least it doesnt seem to cause
as much trouble in recent versions due to the way drive selection occurs.

Previously when this problem occured Networker would continually try to
load the same, disabled, drive. It would fail, then a few seconds later
try again for the same drive and fail, and then a few seconds later... etc
The net result would be that no drive loads would occur (even if all of the
other drivers were unloaded/idle).

Now it seems to try try to load one drive, and if that fails (for whatever
reason, including it being disabled), it will move onto the next drive.

It's still a nasty bug which does a great job of filling your logs, but at
least it's not as ugly as it was previously.

  Scott.