Networker

Re: [Networker] LGTPA 30132

2002-08-14 03:45:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] LGTPA 30132
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:50:10 +0200
> Does anyone know if I can copy these 6.0.3 binaries into
> my 6.0.2 installation?
Didn't try that, but You may get the problems so I would
not suggest that.

> I can't install 6.0.3 as there is a bug that comes up
> with some installations (LGTpa36998).
Hm, I would not say that this is a bug.  Why don't You
simply make a hosts table with all You clients, server
and storage node including IP, hostname and hostname.domain
as that would address above LGTpa?

The temporary fix is either remove the invalid records in
the Administrator List and Remote Access list, or add the
unresolvable fully qualified host name into the local
host table.  Also, You may wish to move to 6.1.1 or after
since they do not have this "problem".

Cheers,
Hrvoje Crvelin