Networker

[Networker] NetWorker 6.1.2 nsrd crashes / poor performance

2002-08-13 13:56:49
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker 6.1.2 nsrd crashes / poor performance
From: John Lawrence <john_lawrence AT DELL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:59:52 -0400
I am seeking any similar experiences with the following issues.

NetWorker 6.1.2 server (Win2K SP2, 3 storage nodes, LTO) has been
experiencing application instability.

First issue is that nsrd terminates unexpectedly and frequently (event id
7031).  The only correlation we have determined is that the crash is always
preceeded by a client index save.  It is not always the same client index
though.  We have gained stability in our environment by turning OFF client
index saves.  Media DB scavenge and L6 nsrck had no affect on the situation.

Second issue is one of performance/response.  After several days of
operation, networker becomes unresponsive to administration commands and
backups stall.

A case has been opened with Legato tech support.

Thanks,

John Lawrence
Senior Systems Engineer
Dell Computers