Networker

[Networker] OT: ScanMail Filtering (was RE: [Networker] "unknown NT backup ty pe" - apology)

2002-08-06 05:14:05
Subject: [Networker] OT: ScanMail Filtering (was RE: [Networker] "unknown NT backup ty pe" - apology)
From: Ed Shipe <ed AT EDSHIPE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 05:16:12 -0400
The "naughtiness", which was in the original message, not yours,
is one of the six words in the default base wordlist in scanmail
for the Sexual Discrimination policy, so it was just a checkbox away...
An automagic attempt to nip inappropriate emails in the bud and prevent
lawsuits. You can see its effectiveness.

My response as to why keyword filtering of adults is ridiculous
would probably set off far more ScanMail filters...=:)

And to at least add a little NetWorker content here, going to
5.7 client-side would probably be the best course of action without
taking the leap to 6.x.x. The 5.7 client was pretty much
5.5.x with official support for the new bits in Win2k.

-ed