Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Bacula: Intervention needed for mo.2012-12-28_19.05.01_31

2012-12-31 10:14:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Bacula: Intervention needed for mo.2012-12-28_19.05.01_31
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:11:43 -0500
On Dec 31, 2012, at 6:21 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> All of my storage devices are file devices and I have generally no problems
> unless I run out of filestore space which thankfully hasn't happened for a
> while.
>
> However, on this one filestore I occassionlally the following error and all
> jobs to that filestore stop.
>
> What is the best / tidiest way to resolve the error and resume backups?
> Any ideas why it happens in the first place?
>
> Gary
>
> Subject: Bacula: Intervention needed for mo.2012-12-28_19.05.01_31
> Date: Friday 28 December 2012
> From: Bacula <bacula-operator AT ringways.co DOT uk>
> To: bacula-operator AT ringways.co DOT uk
>
> 28-Dec 19:05 lou-sd JobId 28634: Job mo.2012-12-28_19.05.01_31 is waiting.
> Cannot find any appendable volumes.
> Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume for:
>    Storage:      "LeedsStorage" (/var/bacula/leeds)
>    Pool:         Hales
>    Media type:   File

The problem: Bacula cannot find any Volumes to which it can append.

Required reading before asking more questions on this topic:

http://www.bacula.org/5.2.x-manuals/en/main/main/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html#SECTION002230000000000000000

NOTE: You didn't specify what version you're running, so if you're not on
5.2.x, read the right docs.

:)

After that, ask away!  But only after posting us the definition of Hales from
bacula-dir.conf.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org