Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] lots of copy jobs fail suddenly (5.2.12)

2012-12-24 04:53:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] lots of copy jobs fail suddenly (5.2.12)
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 10:51:07 +0100
On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:56:23AM +0100, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> after a few rather uneventful weeks, all of a sudden some copy jobs
> (no pattern discernible) have started to fail with messages like
> these:
>
> 30-Nov 09:55 deniol186-dir JobId 51675: Copying using JobId=51200
> Job=deniol2147.2012-11-27_22.05.57_09
> 30-Nov 09:55 deniol186-dir JobId 51675: Storage "" not found, using
> Storage "FileStorage_server2147_full" from MediaType "File_server2147_full".

Hi folks,

for completeness sake let me answer some of my questions myself:

I've now written a little perl script that gets a list of uncopied
jobs from the File table and starts the copy process using a temporary
table containing a single job id one by one (with a 10sec sleep in
between). This seems to work reasonably well for now, but I hope the
changes made in the enterprise version will trickle down into the
community edition soon.

As for my previous question on how to run a job using bconsole,
passing pool, storage and other params it works like this:
(echo run catalog=MyCatalog job=copy-single
storage=FileStorage_denioXXXX_full pool=Online_denioXXXX_full; echo
yes) | bconsole

I guess the "yes" can be scripted in a nicer way, too, but for now
this solution works.

Cheers & happy holidays to all,

Uwe

--
NIONEX --- Ein Unternehmen der Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA