Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running Client Script

2012-12-21 14:06:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running Client Script
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:04:17 -0500
On 12/21/12 13:27, Dan Langille wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Joseph De Nicolo wrote:
>> Now my question is.. should my script(backupmysql.sh) be located on the
>> backup system only, the client only, or both? I'm not sure if bacula takes
>> the script locally and ports it over to the client or if it searches fo the
>> script on the client itself. I hope you understand what I'm talking about.
>> Appreciate the help.
>
> It can be where ever you can run mysqldump.
>
> I suggest it should be on the same machine as the MySQL server.  i.e. the
> client

Just as a suggestion, you might want to look into using mydumper rather
than mysqldump.  mysqldump has been pretty much the red-headed stepchild
of MySQL tools; it is long overdue for a major overhaul and it hasn't
gotten it.  mydumper is actually a much better tool, possibly the most
important single difference being that it is inherently aware of
transactional and non-transactional storage engines, and automatically
just Does The Right Thing for both types of tables on a table-by-table
basis in a single dump, something which is literally impossible to do
with mysqldump.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.