Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Compiling Bacula with readline support on CentOS6

2012-12-19 13:40:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Compiling Bacula with readline support on CentOS6
From: Bryan Harris <bryanlharris AT me DOT com>
To: "Fahrer, Julian" <julian AT fahrer DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:39:26 +0000 (GMT)

On Dec 19, 2012, at 11:42 AM, "Fahrer, Julian" <julian AT fahrer DOT net> wrote:

> [...]

On Slackware (Bacula v5..2.10 IIRC) I have to disable conio in order to make readline compile properly or else the build would break in my testing.  This is how I was helped earlier this year by the Slackware packager when I had trouble getting tab-completion to work.

> Well, conio is enabled by default, since they (bacula team) are
> developing it. I see your dilemma, and no, tab autocompletion does not
> appear to be working with conio. Only reason that I disabled readline is
> because it breaks build, but it is possible that they fixed it in 5.2.9,
> try and build with readline instead of conio and let me know how it
> goes. It is simple, just turn --disable-readline into --disable-conio
> and it will toggle building with readline instead of conio.

Hope this helps.  Doing my build in this way (disable conio) got me exactly what I needed.

Bryan