Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] recommended exclude list for Windows 2008 clients

2012-12-19 13:14:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] recommended exclude list for Windows 2008 clients
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:12:16 +0100
On my Windows Server 2003 (German) clients I have this exclude list
which I once found on the 'net and translated to German:

>       # Exclude directories full of lots and lots of useless little files
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Cookies"
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Recent"
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale Einstellungen"
>
>       # These are always open and unable to be backed up
>       WildFile = "[A-Z]:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/All
> Users/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Network/Downloader/qmgr[01].dat"
>
>       # Some random bits of Windows we want to ignore
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/WINDOWS/msdownld.tmp"
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/WINDOWS/$Nt*Uninstall*"
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/WINDOWS/SoftwareDistribution"
>
>       # Temporary directories & files
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/WINDOWS/Temp"
>
>       # Recycle bins
>       WildDir = "[A-Z]:/RECYCLER"
>
>       # Swap files
>       WildFile = "[A-Z]:/pagefile.sys"
>       WildFile = "[A-Z]:/hiberfil.sys"

Anyone got an equivalent for Windows Server 2008?

For now I have replaced
"Dokumente und Einstellungen/*/Lokale Einstellungen"
by "Users/*/AppData/Local" and
"Dokumente und Einstellungen/All Users/Anwendungsdaten"
by "ProgramData" and, for lack of a suitable replacement,
dropped the "Cookies"  and "Recent" lines completely.
Is that it?

TIA
T.

--