Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Volume from Tape to Disk

2012-12-18 13:23:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Copy Volume from Tape to Disk
From: "m.list" <mail.lister2 AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:20:53 -0800 (PST)
shouldbe q931-2 wrote
> How about using SCST to create an iSCSI target using the SCSI tape drive ?
>
> http://scst.sourceforge.net/
>
> This is for Windows guests, but...
>
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Tape_Drives#Using_Tape_Drives_as_iSCSI_target_.28for_Windows_KVM_guests.29

I have already seen this too and I tried to do the same with open-iscsi as
these packages were readily available under Ubuntu.

While I did get as far as seeing the tape drive in the guest it threw up
various errors when trying to access the passed tape drive.

Again I could not find instructions or a how to that was detailed enough for
me to follow in order to set things up correctly.