Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] init.d files missing after upgrading on openSUSE

2012-12-14 16:33:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] init.d files missing after upgrading on openSUSE
From: ccspro <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 13:31:19 -0800
Hi Silver,

You have a many options:
If it is a remote client system and not your bacula dir/sd machine - backup
your *.conf files in the bacula installation directory (normally /etc/bacula on
most systems) and reinstall the bacula 5.2.12 client package [you may need to
remove the package first]

OR rip the start/stop script out of the bacula package (.tar.gz, .rpm, etc)
*overview the file to make sure paths are correct (where binaries are, working
paths, permissions and command line options that get passed to bacula-fd)

Or check your bacula installation directory, generally it is /etc/bacula for a
file called bacula-ctl-fd
you *can* use it as a init script since it has start, stop, restart,status,etc

Or you can use the one I will provide below.

Once you get the correct start/stop script for your distro (mine is from a SuSE
10 box, most likely it should be the same for you, YMMV)
and modified to suit your needs just toss it into /etc/init.d with the correct
permissions like all other init scripts have and chkconfig -add bacula-fd
(bacula-fd should be the name of your script in the directory)

If you know how to make it work jump to the "INIT-SCRIPT" part below.

After all of that /sbin/chkconfig --list bacula-fd
make sure it is set for your runlevels:
/sbin/chkconfig --levels 35 bacula-fd on
start it
/sbin/service bacula-fd start
if failed.. check why/fix
if OK check ps output to see it running:
ps auxfwww|grep bacula

"INIT-SCRIPT"
<SNIP BELOW>
#! /bin/sh
#
# bacula       This shell script takes care of starting and stopping
#              the bacula File daemon.
#
# chkconfig: 2345 90 9
computers.
#
#  For Bacula release 2.2.8 (26 January 2008) -- suse
# Modified to work on SuSE 1/31/2004 D. Scott Barninger <barninger at
fairfieldcomputers.com>
# Added rc.status functions 3/13/2004 D. Scott Barninger <barninger at
fairfieldcomputers.com>
# Added LSB init info 10/14/2004 D. Scott Barninger <barninger at
fairfieldcomputers.com>
#
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:                     bacula-fd
# Required-Start:               $local_fs $network
# Required-Stop:                $local_fs $network
# Default-Start:                3 5
# Default-Stop:         0 1 2 6
# Short-Description:    bacula file daemon
### END INIT INFO

# source process status functions
# this gives us funtion rc_status -v to tell us if we succeed or fail
. /etc/rc.status

case "$1" in
    start)
       echo -n "Starting the Bacula File daemon: "
       /sbin/startproc /usr/sbin/bacula-fd $2 -c /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
       RETVAL=$?
       rc_status -v
       echo
       [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/bacula-fd
       ;;
    stop)
       echo -n "Stopping the Bacula File daemon: "
       /sbin/killproc /usr/sbin/bacula-fd
       RETVAL=$?
       rc_status -v
       echo
       [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/bacula-fd
       ;;
    restart)
       $0 stop
       sleep 5
       $0 start
       ;;
    status)
       /sbin/checkproc /usr/sbin/bacula-fd
       rc_status -v
       ;;
    *)
       echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
       exit 1
       ;;
esac
exit 0
<SNIP ABOVE>

I just hope the script doesn't get skewed / mangled while  pushing it to the
forums.

Hope this helps you!

*NOTE* The  start/stop script above is from version 2.2.8, my build for that
system is static compiled binary (v5.2.6) drop in replacement
(there was no need to replace a working start/stop script)

Hi.

Some time ago Bacula 5.2.12 came into Archiving:/Backup repository of openSUSE
12.2, but now there are no Bacula files in /etc/init.d.

There is also nothing about Bacula in "service --status-all". How can I start
my FD now?

--
Silver