Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full job terminates claiming no space left but tape gets more data

2012-12-11 06:46:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full job terminates claiming no space left but tape gets more data
From: "Robert Wirth" <Robert.Wirth AT dfki DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:43:23 +0100
Marco van Wieringen <mvw AT planets.elm DOT net> writes:
> > Fseek on attributes file failed: ERR=No space left on device
> > Last Volume Bytes:      1,283,646,163,968 (1.283 TB)
> >
> > Really, the tape isn't full!  The other 5 jobs (and this one
> > after being rescheduled) continue to write that tape AD0016L5
> > which by now has 1,633,895,424,000 Bytes written and is still
> > in Append state.
> >
> > Question
> > --------
> > What may be the cause for that "ERR=No space left on device"
> >
> Older versions of Bacula (at least the old ones you talk about)
> never did so called attribute spooling. The problem is probably the
> amount of storage on the storage daemon see commit_attribute_spool()
> function that emits the error "Fseek on attributes file failed".

Oh, yes.  Working dir filesystem was full.  Oops... I didn't realize...

> You have a couple of options:
>
> - disable attribute spooling (see spoolattributes setting on director)
> - make sure enough space is available on disk for spooling the
>   attributes first to disk before they are batch inserted into
>   the database. Keep in mind that disabling attribute spooling
>   and batch insert will slow down the overall backup probably.)
>   The attribute spool files are created in either the spool directory
>   or the working directory.

Thank you a lot!  This is the solution.

Best regards,

        Robert

+++   German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence    +++
Robert Wirth,Campus D32,Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3,66123 Saarbruecken
@phone:+49-681-85775-5078  Germany  mailto:Robert.Wirth AT dfki DOT de