Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore problem using several Storages

2012-12-07 12:34:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore problem using several Storages
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 15:31:25 -0200

So only one real storage device?  Try assigning a single dns name and using that most modern resolvers when presented with more than one A record will use one on a shared subnet before others.

Yeah, I've tried that before, using views... But that created such a mess on my DNS server (specially due to master/slave replication) that I preferred setting the IP Address directly on the Bacula config. I wanted a way to continue using this method without touching the DNS server.