Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula stops writing to disk volume after 2GB

2012-12-06 15:12:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula stops writing to disk volume after 2GB
From: lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 21:08:50 +0100
Zitat von "m.list" <mail.lister2 AT googlemail DOT com>:

> Bacula Version: 5.2.5
>
> I have configured bacula to write volumes to disk, however bacula stops
> writing to the volume as soon as it reaches 2gb. The file system is not an
> issue as I have stored files larger than 2gb.
>

> 06-Dec 17:22 backup-sd JobId 8421: End of Volume "Full-Monthly-0005" at
> 0:2147475577 on device "FileStorage" (/nfs/backup-pool). Write of 64512
> bytes got 8069.

If this is really NFS double-check that both sides agree to use at
least NFSv3 as older NFS versions have a 2GB limit and Bacula clearly
is not able to write more data to the file in question. On the other
side you can easily work around this with splitting many volumes of
2GB if your expected data size isn't that big.

Regards

Andreas