Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Reschedule is confusing

2012-12-05 11:41:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Reschedule is confusing
From: Oliver Hoffmann <oh AT dom DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:37:57 +0100

> Zitat von Oliver Hoffmann <oh AT dom DOT de>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > recently I had the following problem. After a reboot of the bacula
> > server due to malfunction of the attached RAID all jobs very not
> > running again. OK, that is what I expected but not what I wanted as
> > starting 50 or more jobs by hand with bconsole is a bit tiresome.
> > Thus I simply waited for the next backup run but that means no
> > backups for that night.
> >
> > Is there a way to accomplish a mass restart of
> > jobs? My first thought was scripting the bconsole but maybe there
> > is a build-in solution or something easier for that?
> >
> > Thx for ideas,
> >
> > Oliver
>
> You can alter the schedule time used and restart the director, but
> most of the time starting backup jobs out of the backup window is a
> bad idea anyway. If the jobs failed instead of get skipped you can
> have a look at the "Reschedule On Error" jobs setting.
>
> Regards
>
> Andreas

I did some tests. First I stopped the bacula-fd on the client while a
job was running. The settings on the client:

Reschedule On Error = yes
Reschedule Interval = 10 minutes
Reschedule Times = 5

The result was as expected:

Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup: ERR=No data available
JobId 51618: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.

That happened at 18:48. The reschedule of the job took place at 20:41.
Why not at 18:58? There were no other jobs running and the server was
up and idle. Same for the client. The fd was stopped for a minute or
less.

Next I rebooted the server while a job was running. A status dir tells
me "No Jobs running." Status of the client:

JobId 51718 Job client.2012-12-05_16.37.23_06 is running.
    Incremental System or Console Job started: 05-Dez-12 16:37
    Files=0 Bytes=0 Bytes/sec=0 Errors=0
    Files Examined=0
    SDReadSeqNo=3 fd=5
Director connected at: 05-Dez-12 17:31

But nothing happens. Is it buggy or do I miss something here?

Version server: 5.2.5-0ubuntu6.2
Version client: 5.2.5 (26 January 2012)  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu ubuntu
12.04

Greetings,

Oliver