Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs previously working but now only 2

2012-12-03 09:48:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] concurrent jobs previously working but now only 2
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ornl DOT gov>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 09:46:00 -0500
From: Jonathan Horne <jhorne AT skopos DOT us<mailto:jhorne AT skopos DOT us>>
Date: Monday, December 3, 2012 9:19 AM
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net<mailto:bacula-users AT
lists.sourceforge DOT net>" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net<mailto:bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>>

A previous test build, i had concurrent jobs working, that my systems would
backup 4 at a time.  Now that I've taken it down and rebuilt it, I've obviously
missed something because even tho i have:

Director {                            # define myself
  Name = bacula-dir
  DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
  QueryFile = "/var/libexec/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/spool/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
  Password = "tehwin"         # Console password
  Messages = Daemon
}

… Im not getting 4 concurrent.  Going crazy while i go over what i left out
here, i don't remember listing this anywhere else (that doesn't mean i didn't).
 Could someone please nudge me in the right direction, web link with reliable
examples welcome.  Or just turn the light one for me :)

Thanks,
jonathan

Other places for this setting: Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
bacula-sd – both Storage and Device definitions – these should be different
unless you only have the one device
bacula-fd – FileDaemon definition – how many the client can have in parallel –
typically smaller, usually set to 1

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory