Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bconsole hangs when connecting to SD after upgrade from Fed 14 to Fed 15

2011-07-15 02:28:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bconsole hangs when connecting to SD after upgrade from Fed 14 to Fed 15
From: Bill Damage <bill.damage AT yahoo DOT com>
To: alex AT skynet DOT it, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 07:25:12 +0100 (BST)
Hi Allesandro

Well ain't that something? I'd have put money on it being something we did. In fact I can add to this - we have another server, which was running the same bacula on F15, which we upgraded using the "preupgrade" method, i.e. entirely via the web and wizards. This went perfectly. It was this process which went wrong on the second server, so we ended up doing the upgrade via a DVD. Whilst from a Fed pov it now seems ok, there is this bacula problem and pretty much that's the only difference between these systems.

Its too important to mess with any longer. We're already a week behind with our backups so I'm going to use the workaround you suggested, thanks.