BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Path to rsync?

2012-12-22 07:21:28
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Path to rsync?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 13:19:47 +0100
Hi,

I tried to backup an ESXi system where I installed a rsync (stically
linked). Obviously this is not hosted on the default paths. Instead I
put it on the VMFS volumes and added the entry to the backup line in
BackupPC (config.pl:
=========esx.pl============================================
$Conf{RsyncArgs} = [
  '--numeric-ids',
  '--perms',
  '--owner',
  '--group',
  '-D',
  '--links',
  '--hard-links',
  '--times',
  '--block-size=2048',
  '--one-file-system',
  '--recursive',
  '--checksum-seed=32761',
  '--rsync-path=/vmfs/volumes/2x250BG_RAID1/rsync-static'
];=========esx.pl============================================

See below the logfile stating rsync is not to be found :-/
full backup started for directory / Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root
esx /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner
--group -D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048
--one-file-system --recursive --checksum-seed=32761
--rsync-path=/vmfs/volumes/2x250BG_RAID1/rsync-static --ignore-times . /
Xfer PIDs are now 4911
Got remote protocol 540698739 Fatal error (bad version): sh:
/usr/bin/rsync: not found
Can't write 73 bytes to socket
Sent exclude: .*.sf
Sent exclude: *.vmdk
Sent exclude: *.vswap
Sent exclude: *.vmsn
Sent exclude: *.vmss
Sent exclude: *.vmem
Sent exclude: *.sio
fileListReceive() failed Done: 0 files, 0 bytes Got fatal error during
xfer (fileListReceive failed) Backup aborted by user signal
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 407)

Can someone tell me why it ignores the "path-to-rsync" parameter?Doing
it manually (with (-avz and --path-to-rsync) just works perfect!

Greetings

Christian