BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] can run su backuppc user

2012-12-11 11:34:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] can run su backuppc user
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:32:54 +0000
On 2012-12-11 16:12, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> On 2012-12-11 13:57, Michael Stowe wrote:
>> Let's stop right there -- you either know the backuppc password, or you
>> don't.
>
> I bet one donut that he knows the "backuppc" HTTPauth password, not the
> system user password.
Sorry, that came out less pleasant than I intended. The next step is to
reset the backuppc system user password and login that way:

sudo su passwd backuppc
(enter your sudo password)
(enter the backuppc user password twice)

Now try to login:

su - backuppc

Regards,
Tyler

--
Commander Harken: "Seems odd you’d name your ship after a battle you
were on the wrong side of."