BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Can't locate BackupPC/Lib.pm on Centos5.6 x86_64

2011-08-08 11:09:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Can't locate BackupPC/Lib.pm on Centos5.6 x86_64
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 10:08:12 -0500
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM, saed <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> Thank you Richard for your response ..
> thats what i`m saying files should be no difference with CEntos than Fedora ..
> but as i excepted troubles caused by configuration files mess which happened
> by re installing the software.
> i re installed the software one more time after i did "rm -rf /etc/BackupPC"
> to make sure its a clean installation
> and it went good for setting up the backuppc user`s password using . .
>
> $ htpasswd -c /var/lib/backuppc/passwd/htpasswd backuppc

That's the wrong directory :) Read below:

> $ cat /etc/httpd/con.d/BackupPC.conf
> <Directory       /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/>
> # BackupPC requires valid authentication in order for the web interface to
> # function properly.  One can view the web interface without authentication
> # though all functionality is disabled.
> #
> # htpasswd -c /etc/BackupPC/apache.users yourusername <---- look here
> #
>
> order deny,allow
> deny from all
> allow from all
> AuthType Basic
> AuthUserFile /etc/BackupPC/apache.users <---- and here
> AuthName "BackupPC
>
> require valid-user
>
> </Directory>

Both the example comment and the AuthUserFile directive are telling
you that the file, apache.users, should go in /etc/BackupPC/ like I
mentioned in my previous email but for some reason you are creating it
in /var/lib/backuppc/passwd

Richard