BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync error: unable to read 4 bytes

2008-06-30 14:30:50
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync error: unable to read 4 bytes
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:30:38 +0200
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 02:27:05PM -0400, Leandro Tracchia wrote:
> the ssh log on my linux client shows something odd when i am trying to
> login from the backuppc server...
>
> Public key 00:6d:ce:5f:XX:XX:XX:XX... blacklisted (see ssh-vulnkey(1))
>
> could this be causing the problem??? how do i fix this??

Maybe. You need to first update your openssh to a current version, then
generate a new _host_ key and probably private/public user key as well.
There was a bug in Debian-based openssl packages which sabotaged the
random number-generator, so only about 32.000 different keys were
generated at all.

HTH,

Tino.

www.craniosacralzentrum.de