ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] LTFS user ?

2012-12-18 18:46:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] LTFS user ?
From: Grant Street <grants AT AL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 10:30:50 +1100
I haven't used it, but have a look at crossroad's strongbox. It looks to
be very good in the LTFS tiered storage and presents as a NAS. It has a
caching NAS head, multiple copies etc..

http://www.crossroads.com/products/strongbox/

Grant

On 19/12/12 08:27, ritchi64 wrote:
Hello,

I want to know if some of you use LTFS for tiering storage (like tier3).
Are you able to share the libairy with TSM backup?
any gotcha?

We already got a solution for tier1 and tier2 but wondering for tier3, we
should look at 4TB sata drive or go with tape and LTFS?