ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Better way to change management classes values for a single node?

2012-12-14 08:59:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] Better way to change management classes values for a single node?
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:49:41 -0500
I have a Policy Domain that has 10-nodes.  Due to a "discovery request", I
have to greatly extend the Retain Only value on the sole management class
of this PD/PS.  However, the change only needs to apply to 1-of the
10-nodes.

Unless I am missing something, the only way I know of accomplishing this
change so it doesn't effect every node in the PD is to

1.  Create a new PD/PS
2.  Create a new MC within this  new PD/PS with the extended values but
retaining the original MC name
3.  Change the single node to use the new PD
4.  Bounce node service to pickup changes

Am I missing something?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator