ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes per TSM server

2012-10-08 17:46:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Nodes per TSM server
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:16:56 -0700
We have two TSM servers, one with 137 nodes and one with 50. The number
of nodes doesn't make so much difference as the data rate and metadata
rate (number of files) though.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354

On 10/ 8/12 01:01 PM, Vandeventer, Harold [BS] wrote:
There are all kinds of measures involved in setting up a TSM server; processor,
RAM, disk I/O, stg pool design, reclamation, migration, all the bits and pieces.

But, I'm curious about how many nodes some of you have on your TSM servers?

I'm in a Windows environment, and have been tasked with "consolidating".

Also, about how much memory is on those systems.

Thanks.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
Harold.Vandeventer AT ks DOT gov
(785) 296-0631

[Confidentiality notice:]
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and destroy the original message, including all copies,
Thank you.