ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Unexplained "ANS1071E Invalid domain Name entered:" errors

2012-09-12 14:18:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Unexplained "ANS1071E Invalid domain Name entered:" errors
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT US.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:53:20 -0400
Perhaps IC68460 is related:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC68460

It says the issue is addressed in 6.2.2

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
george.huebschman AT GMAIL DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
09/12/2012 11:47 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Unexplained "ANS1071E Invalid domain Name entered:" errors

Richard,
Ahh, exactly like exclude.dir, the exclude.fs is processed first.  I'll
revert to the old dsm.sys immediately.
I have done the dsmc q inclexcl previously.  I had not looked at q opt.
Is there anything specific I should look for in options?  I have included
snippet below.
This is the result of the "q inclexcl" AFTER I reverted to the old
dsm.sys.
 This should still be relevant, because the problem existed before I
edited
the excludes to exclude.fs.

Snippet from "dsmc q opt"
                 DOMAIN: Default ALL-LOCAL
             DOMAIN.IMAGE:
               DOMAIN.NAS:
          DOMAIN.SNAPSHOT:
            DOMAIN.VMFILE:
            DOMAIN.VMFULL:
                  DOMNODE:

tsm> q inclexcl
*** FILE INCLUDE/EXCLUDE ***
Mode Function  Pattern (match from top down)  Source File
---- --------- ------------------------------ -----------------
No exclude filespace statements defined.
Excl Directory /unix/                         Server
Excl Directory /.../.TsmCacheDir              TSM
Excl Directory /.../.SpaceMan                 Operating System
Include All       /extcdp/.../*                  Server
Include All       /cdunix/.../*                  Server
Exclude All       /var/adm/pacct                 Server
Exclude All       /unix                          Server
Exclude All       /.../core                      Server
Exclude HSM       /etc/adsm/SpaceMan/config/.../* Operating System
Exclude HSM       /.../.SpaceMan/.../*           Operating System
Exclude Restore   /.../.SpaceMan/.../*           Operating System
Exclude Archive   /.../.SpaceMan/.../*           Operating System
Include Encrypt   /.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Include All       /u0?/.../ias*
 /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Include All       /u0?/.../rman*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Include All       /u0?/.../fra*
 /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u20/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u19/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u18/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u17/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u16/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u15/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u14/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u13/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u12/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u11/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u10/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u09/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u08/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u07/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u06/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u05/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u04/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u03/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u02/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
Exclude All       /u01/.../*
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys
No DFS include/exclude statements defined.

Shawn,  Nothing here:

root@SomeXYZServerName:/ >cat /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt
* Tivoli Storage Manager                                               *
*                                                                      *
* Sample Client User Options file for AIX and SunOS (dsm.opt.smp)      *

*  This file contains an option you can use to specify the TSM
*  server to contact if more than one is defined in your client
*  system options file (dsm.sys).  Copy dsm.opt.smp to dsm.opt.
*  If you enter a server name for the option below, remove the
*  leading asterisk (*).

* SErvername       A server name defined in the dsm.sys file
SErvername      Server1

root@SomeXYZServerName:/ >

--
George Huebschman
Cell (301) 875-1227

"When you have a choice, spend money where you would prefer to work if you
had NO choice."

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.