ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disk/Volume/mountpoint access for TSM 6.3 on Windows

2012-09-10 09:38:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disk/Volume/mountpoint access for TSM 6.3 on Windows
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:19:14 -0400
Steve
The upgrade section may help, see the following link pay particular
attention to the "Space requirements for the V6 server system" section.

On my win systems (2008x64) I used 3-4 volumes (located on separate SAN
luns) for the DB, and separate volumes/luns for each the Active log,
Archive, log, log mirror, and Fail-over log.

Obviously, the better the faster the disks, the better the server will
perform.

Originally I was forced to set them up on an EMC Clariion but
performance was dismal to say the least. After convincing the
powers-to-be that disk performance was a problem they approved a move to
an EMC Vmax, the difference was phenomenal.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6r3/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ib
m.itsm.srv.upgrd.doc%2Ft_srv_upgrd_plandb.html

(IBM Tivoli Storage Manager servers > installing and upgrading the
server > upgrading from v5 to v6 > planning the upgrade > planning space
for the upgrade process and the upgraded server > space requirements for
the V6 server system)

~Rick