ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM server 6.3.1 backup sessions hung

2012-09-05 13:48:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM server 6.3.1 backup sessions hung
From: Saravanan Palanisamy <evergreen.sarav AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 01:36:34 +0800
Dear Team,

We have strange issue in our environment. We are facing this issue after
upgraded TSM server from 6.1.3 to 6.3.1.

Around 8 PM( Regular backpus will start by 6 PM) all the backups sessions
are hanging and we don't see any backup progress. First time we thought it
might complete in some time unfortunatly it took more than 14 hours just
for 10 GB of data and it never completes. We have restarted the TSM server
and the same backup was completed with in 14 minutes. This issue is
intermittent( 3 days once and 4 days once). If we restart the TSM sever
then everything is working as desired.

When we investigate from DB2 end, we don't see any db2 table maintaince
utilities (i.e runstats, reorg) running in the server. Also we are able to
login into the TSM server and check the backup status. We don't have any
clue to identify the issue.

I would really appriciate if somebody shares any idea for this issue.

--
 Thanks & Regards,
Saravanan