ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Export node to new server

2012-08-23 16:25:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] Export node to new server
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [BS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:18:30 +0000
My goal is to relocate all backup data  for a node currently on a TSM 5.5.2
server to a TSM 6.2.4 server.

There are no archive or space managed data in the system.

First time I've had to try this, so looking to the experts for comment.

Looks like a fairly simple process:
Define the node on the target server with appropriate schedules, policy, etc.
Have the node manager modify the DSM.OPT file to specify the new server.
Let scheduled backups run.

On source TSM: EXPORT NODE <nodename>  FILEDATA=BACKUP DEVCLASS=<classname>

On target TSM: IMPORT NODE <nodename> FILEDATA=BACKUP DEVCLASS=<classname>
DATES=ABSOLUTE MERGEFILESPACES=YES VOL=<volnames>

An important parameter MERGEFILESPACES=YES to bring in the old data into the
identical filespaces.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
Harold.Vandeventer AT ks DOT gov
(785) 296-0631

[Confidentiality notice:]
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and destroy the original message, including all copies,
Thank you.