ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DB from Linux to Windows

2012-08-12 22:07:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB from Linux to Windows
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 22:04:18 -0400
Hi All

I have a situation where the design that was originally implemented to
back up some NAS Filers using a Linux TSM Server has not worked out in
practice.  We are thus looking to re-implement on Windows.   I'd really
prefer not to have to do everything from scratch particularly as the
initial backup takes on the order of 10 days.

TSM server on linux X86_64 is 6.3.1.000

Has anyone tried to restore a TSM V6 DB from Linux to windows?  If its
not directly possible can it be "converted" using DB2 export/import
tools?

Thanks

Steve.

Steven Harris.