ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Slow backup

2012-08-06 18:16:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Slow backup
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 15:10:22 -0700
If you look at the scheduler logs on the proxy agents, do you see a lot
of file retries? If you do, it might help using a non-shared static or
dynamic copy serialization on your copy groups. That'll save a bunch of
stat(2) calls from dsmc. stat over NFS is very expensive, because many
implementations will trigger a cache flush on the server for that file
to get an accurate block count. Switching the copy serialization reduced
some of our proxy node-based back times by 10x.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354