ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strong TSM Passwords?

2012-07-24 11:19:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strong TSM Passwords?
From: Kevin Kettner <kkettner AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:12:21 -0500
You are correct, I guess it can minimally satisfy the requirement.

TSM supports 41 characters of the standard 94 allowed characters.

I am in agreement that TSM passwords can be very secure, especially
since we allow 5 wrong password attempts before the account is locked.
In reality, a 4 character password with only numbers would be hard to
crack since a hacker could only test 5 of 1000 possible combinations
before they were locked out.