ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM backup/restore VMware image via lanfree

2012-07-18 00:56:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM backup/restore VMware image via lanfree
From: Wira Chinwong <wira AT SCSI.CO DOT TH>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:50:35 +0700
Hi,
   I?m very confused about TSM and VMware restoration via lanfree. As I
researched, I found that there is two main functionally of TSM and VMware
backup/restore. The first one is using TSM B/A client that integrated ?vmware
backup tools?. And the second is TSM for VE.

Feature:
=======
1.       TSM B/A : Full Backup/Restore VMware Image
2.       TSM for VE: Incremental Backup and Restore by file level

My question is
===========
Can TSM B/A perform restore VMware image via lanfree?
(Backup proxy can retrieve data directly from Tape and write data directly to
datastore on SAN)

* IBM document just remark that DP for recovery agent dosen?t support LANFREE.

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Wira Chinwong

SCSi Co., Ltd.

2521/69 Biztown Ladprao Rd.,
Klongchaokhunsingha, Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310
Tel 02-9559873-4  Fax 02-9559875 ext 5
Mobile: 086-9092992
E-mail: wira AT scsi.co DOT th